You may be wondering why I am starting so late.
Well, in answer to your rampant curiosity, I will tell you.
On Thursday I started coming down with the 'flu. We're heading into the last month of Spring and I get the 'flu. How bloody typical. Of course, I thought it was just hayfever at this point in time, it wasn't until midday Friday that it occured to me that it might be worse than mere hayfever...
Saturday and Sunday I was dreadfully ill. But by Sunday night I seemed to be improving.
"Thank god," I thought to myself, "my week won't be disrupted and I can continue as normal despite this horrible affliction."
Back to work Monday... longest day of my life. By the end of the day I was near collapse and had decided that I might have to miss work the next day and visit the doctor instead. By the next morning there was no maybe about it, I was not going to be able to go to work in this condition.
Long story short, I spent Tuesday and Wednesday sleeping, drinking large amounts of water and juice, and wishing I was dead. The competition started Thursday, and I could barely write my own name.
Thursday morning, the first day of the competition, dawned and I managed to drag my poor weary body to work. I made it through the day, but by nightfall was ready to collapse into my beloved bed and sleep til morning. Friday I fared better, but again was fatigued to the point beyond creative effectiveness by my exertions of the day.
And now it is Saturday. 3 days in and I've only just made a start. This does not bode well for the rest of the month...
No comments:
Post a Comment